Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Its GO time

Alright, no more messing around kids. Race day is in exactly 19 days.

With each day that brings us closer, I am becoming surprisingly less scared, and more confident. After completing my 90 minute run last night, I am beginning to really believe I can do this. Last night, about halfway through my run I stopped for a moment to check my time. I was surprised to find that stopping made me feel worse, not better. When I was close to the end I realized that endurance wise, I was capable of going further - it was just my shins and a cramp in my side that made me want to stop.

This is crazy progress from a couple weeks ago when I did that bootcamp. I remember running around that park, and on my second lap I was winded. One of the things I'm learning is that pacing yourself is MEGA important. Oh, and being ok with pain is a big part of it too. Working through the pain, accepting it - these are things that help you reach a different level. In life we often go through things that can be highly uncomfortable, but if we can find a way to not run away from it - and work through it - it really does make us stronger.

I remember running past Lee's Palace last night through a crowd of people waiting to see a show, having smoke breaks - and they just stared at me like I was a crazy person dashing through them. My face was so hot and I'm sure it was crazy red and sweaty, and I was PROUD. Nothing beats that. I'm really digging this. Even if I bitch and moan and tell you that I'm feeling lazy, deep down I feel really good about this and I'm SO glad you are all commenting on Facebook and keeping me motivated.

Tonight I'm taking some time off running and going to stretch out my muscles at a hot yoga class. Tomorrow I will take a rest cause I'm all cramped up, but I plan to do a couple more 90 minute runs this week, and then next week Im aiming to do a few solid 2 hour runs. It sounds crazy. So ima BRING IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment