Monday, September 24, 2012

2 runs - 1 day

Hello everybody!

I've been bad. I've been very bad indeed.

I spent the weekend - as you know from previous posts - 'staycation-ing'.
Oh the glorious foods I ate and oh how nice my couch felt for most of it. I had frozen yogurt, and Thai food.. I watched movies, I had bacon and eggs for lunch. It really was quite nice.

But it's Monday - and that means back to business as usual. I woke up this morning a little late and decided that it was better to do SOMETHING than nothing at all, so with the little time I had before work I went for a run around the nearby track ( 5 times around ) and ran up and down a very steep hill a few times. While that got my heart pumping and the back of my neck nice and sweaty, I'm well aware that it's not enough to help me train for 21k in - gasp - less than 3 weeks.

In a couple of hours I will do a 90 minute run. I'm terrified.

Did you know in high school I made it into the yearbook as being the 'Best at Excuses'? I'm really great at coming up with reasons why I can't do something, or even better, that I shouldn't. For example, this morning I really had myself convinced that it was much too late in the morning to go for a run. That there was no point, because I wouldn't be able to go for long. I got to say that sometimes its better to NOT LISTEN TO YOURSELF. I keep training when I don't feel like training, and I never regret it. Ever.

So I guess the point of this blog post is to let you know that I'm still working at it, even though my posts are becoming less frequent. I will admit I've been slacking a little, but this week all of that will change.

Stay tuned for a post 90 minute run picture a little later this evening. I promise it will be inspiring, and likely a little frightening.

ALSO - I want to thank my friends John Edgar and Ken Wong for donating to the cause I'm running for. It is very near and dear to me, and it would mean the world if I could keep raising funds for The Renascent FoundationIf you would like to make a donation, please click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment